You can't afford to get it wrong
- Are you a building contractor?
- Do you work in the trades?
- Are you a builder, an electrician, a plumber, a roofer, a carpenter?
- If you are a contractor and a subcontractor at the same time, can your cashflow afford operating as a sole trader?
- If you are a contractor, have you checked the employment status of your subcontractors recently?
- Have you done everything you can to protect yourself in case of a challenge from HMRC?
- If you are a subcontractor, do you know what travelling costs to sites can you claim as allowable expenses?
- If you are due a tax refund, can you prove the deductions that were taken from you?
You probably already know that working in the construction industry either as a contractor or a subcontractor (or both) brings with itself a myriad of legislation and special sets of rules. Not only are there strict deadlines to work to with the numerous returns you must send in throughout the year, but you will also be heavily penalised should you miss filing a return.
We cannot emphasise the importance of navigating through this minefield from the outset - any mistakes can prove costly.
We would be pleased to lend you a helping hand - please contact Claire or Edit to discuss how we can help you and your business.
Find out more about our services for: